Common Questions About Casinos That Accept Paypal
PayPal is the world’s largest e-wallet service with around 200 million users worldwide, and is also the most popular online payment method in the country after credit cards. The company is probably most well-known for being the main method of payment on the online auction site eBay – in fact, between 2002 and 2014 PayPal was a subsidiary of eBay. However, it now operates as a separate company and is used for all sorts of transactions online, whether it’s buying clothes, making a charity donation or sending money to a friend.
PayPal is also one of the most common methods of payment in the world of online casino and gambling. Although many other rival services have popped up since PayPal was created in 1998, it remains the dominant name in the online payments industry and one of the standard banking methods accepted at nearly all online casinos.
It partners with most of the leading online casino providers to allow players to deposit and withdraw money quickly, conveniently and securely. bet365, betway, 888 Casino, Ladbrokes, 32Red and Paddy Power are just some of the popular gambling sites that accept PayPal. These casinos all offer generous welcome bonuses for new customers and a great selection of slots, table games and live casino.
How Does PayPal Work?
PayPal is an e-wallet service that allows you to deposit and withdraw funds and make payments online without having to enter bank or card details. PayPal users are simply identified by their email address so it’s a very secure method of payment in that very little personal information is shared during a transaction.
Setting up an account is quick, easy and best of all, free. All you need is an email address. You’ll then choose a password which you’ll have to enter every time you login to PayPal. To get the most out of PayPal, it’s best to link your account to either a bank account or card, or both, which will form part of your ‘wallet’. Once they’re linked, you’ll never need to enter their details when making a payment online or withdrawing funds to your bank account.
Doing this makes it quicker and easier to switch money between your PayPal and your bank account. It’s also one of the ways of verifying your account, which you need to do before you can start using the service. One thing to be aware of is that you must have sufficient funds in your PayPal account before completing a transaction. There’s no overdraft as such like there is with your bank. Similarly, if you get lucky while gambling online and you want to withdraw some or all of your winnings into your PayPal account, it is normally quick and easy to do so.
Find Online Casinos that Accept PayPal
As has already been mentioned, it’s not difficult to find online casinos that accept PayPal since the majority of reputable casinos offer it as one of their payment options. If you don’t want to gamble using a card, which many players don’t for various reasons, PayPal is probably the next best option in terms of how widely accepted it is. The only exception is if you're playing in the U.S., as gambling legislation prevents payments from being made via PayPal at online casinos.
Most casinos list their different banking methods on their website so you should be able to find out if they accept PayPal before signing up for an account. Alternatively, read a review of the casino online where you can find out about their payment options, limits, processing times and so on.
Choosing a PayPal Casino
Although most online casinos offer PayPal as a payment method, not all PayPal casinos are equal. There are therefore a few factors to consider when choosing a PayPal casino:
- Fees | Generally casinos do not charge fees on PayPal transactions but it’s always a good idea to check first as no casino player wants to be paying unnecessary fees.
- Processing times | Some payment methods take longer than others, and different casinos will have different processing times. PayPal is normally quicker than more conventional methods like card or bank transfer and is often instant but again, it’s good to check with each individual site.
- Limits | What are the minimum and maximum amounts for depositing and withdrawing with PayPal? Again, these will vary from casino to casino.
- Preference settings | Some online casinos allow you to set a preferred payment method which will act as your default. If you can set PayPal as your preferred method, this could make it even quicker and easier to deposit and withdraw funds.
Advantages of Gambling with PayPal
PayPal wouldn’t be accepted so universally if it wasn’t a trusted company with an excellent reputation. Here are some of the advantages of gambling with PayPal:
- Cost | As mentioned, there are normally no fees attached to using PayPal at online casinos (unless currency conversion is involved), so players get to keep all their winnings for themselves.
- Speed | Depositing using PayPal is usually instant, while withdrawals rarely take longer than a couple of days. Plus you don’t waste time entering card or bank details.
- Security | PayPal is a highly trusted payment option since no personal or banking details are shared, which reduces the risk of fraud. The company encrypts and monitors every transaction, and ultimately, it wouldn’t be accepted by so many gambling sites if it wasn’t considered secure enough.
- Mobile-friendly | If you’re playing on a mobile device, PayPal is particularly convenient as you don’t need to enter any bank or card details.