Common Questions About Playtech Casinos
Although software giant Playtech was formed in 1999, it was 2006 when the company truly took off, becoming a publically listed company on the London AIM. It worked tirelessly to push its various products and platforms into the ever-growing online gaming market and where other game developers grew internally, Playtech took an aggressive approach. In 2010 it capped off a year of acquisitions to expand even further, drawing games aggregator GTS, bingo provider Virtue Fusion, mobile game developer Mobenga and game development rivals Ash Gaming into its domain.
During these years of rapid expansion, Playtech entered multiple European markets too, working with licensing bodies in Italy, Denmark, France, Spain and Holland. The company continued to keep its headquarters close to home though, on the Isle of Man, and is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission.
Acquiring these companies allowed Playtech to thrive in almost every aspect of online gaming. Over the years, it's developed many online slot games, as well as software for table games and poker. It's now one of the most highly respected, innovative and impressive developers out there. Have a read through this handy Playtech guide to find out the best games on offer and exactly where to play them.
Playtech Builds Brilliant Games From Brand Names
When it comes to gameplay, this developer tops the charts with up-to-the-minute graphics, evocative soundtracks and immersive storylines. Playtech’s slots range from simple classic fruit machines to thrilling 3D slots with cutting-edge animation and Hollywood-style music. Due to its technical prowess, Playtech has become the go-to developer for branded content. One of its most famous progressive jackpot slots is based on the movie Gladiator, with other top titles including Top Gun, The Pink Panther and Monty Python’s Spamalot.
One of the biggest brand deals Playtech won was the right to develop slot games based on Marvel’s slate of superhero films, including The Avengers, Iron Man 3, The Incredible Hulk and Captain America. Later, Playtech jumped ship, building games based on rival DC Comics’ film characters like Batman and Superman. A recent series of games harkened back to the Adam West era Batman TV show, with titles like Batman and the Batgirl Bonanza and Batman and Catwoman Cash.
Alongside the beloved Gladiator progressive, Playtech has created a number of other incredible jackpot slots, including one based on TV show Deal or No Deal and two other irreverent Monty Python titles, the Holy Grail and Life of Brian.
Finding the Best Playtech Casinos
Like the company itself, casinos that run Playtech software and games are known for offering a wide variety. Check out the list of features to keep an eye out for when looking around:
- Exclusive Games | Playtech licenses its games to many casinos, even those that don't run on its software. However, those that do operate with a Playtech platform will have access to exclusive games like Wild Viking and Stravaganza.
- Playtech Side Bets | Another feature of certain Playtech games is the ability to make side bets based on the action of the slot itself. This can help stem losses and offers another avenue of winning.
- Branded Content | Playtech is a top-notch company that can afford to bid big to secure well-known brand names. If you're a movie buff or comic nerd, Playtech casinos should be your first choice.
- Progressive Jackpots | Playtech offers over 30 progressive jackpot games, with prizes stemming from a few hundred to several million. Poke around at the casino to see which progressives it has on offer, what the highest pay outs are, how often those games pay out and how recently someone hit the jackpot.
- Casino Games | As well as killer slots, Playtech has also crafted some of the best video poker interfaces for any online casino. Check to see whether the casino uses Playtech for its table games and try out the interface on a demo mode to make sure it's suited to your style of play.
Choosing a Mobile Playtech Casino
When Playtech acquired Mobenga in 2012, it set about creating what became known as the Playtech Mobile Hub, a framework for casinos to integrate other Playtech products for mobile devices. The open platform was built using HTML5 technology and meant that casinos were not limited to Playtech online slots when creating a mobile portal.
Playtech then achieved a similar result for casino, poker and bingo games on a new platform called EdGE (Enhanced Gaming Engine). This system now supports over 25 software developers and over 500 games. Both of these platforms are supported by iOS and Android operating systems, so you should have no trouble playing a Playtech slot or casino game from your smartphone or tablet while on the move.
Top Paying Playtech Slots
Playtech’s online video slots range from the classics to fast and furious 3D slots. It has games that offer higher pay outs than most, so of course it's worth trying to find a casino that carries these titles.
- A Night Out – With a high return-to-player rate of 97.06%, this nightclub-based slot is one to revel in. Slip on your dancing shoes and go boogie on the dance floor, which happens to be the Scatter symbol. As well as a bonus round, it also features a side bet game called Dollar Ball, which works like a lottery where you pick numbers and win the jackpot if you match all five.
- Frankie Dettori Magic 7 – This slot is themed around the famous jockey, who managed to win all seven races on the cards at Ascot in September 1996. With a couple of bonus games and an RTP value of 96.02%, it's worth a punt.
- Rocky – Another game themed around a silver screen classic, this time as Sylvester Stallone’s best known role as boxer Rocky Balboa, it features characters from many of the films and has a solid RTP value of 95.02%.
Simply put, Playtech’s unrivalled software has been adopted by some of the best casinos on the market. To get in on the action, check out our list of top-rated Playtech casinos today.