Common Questions About Casinos That Accept Paysafecard
In a nutshell, paysafecard is a prepaid payment card that you can use to pay for various goods and services online without having to enter personal or banking information. It works on PIN numbers and functions in a similar way to a mobile phone top-up voucher.
Since being founded in 2000 by four Austrians who wanted to develop a ‘cash for the internet’ solution, paysafecard has expanded across Europe and the world and is now available in 44 different countries. Since 2015, the company has been part of the international Paysafe Group which also includes Neteller and Skrill, two other popular payment methods at online casinos.
Sports betting and casinos are the company’s main markets and paysafecard has become widely accepted across the entire industry, offering players a more anonymous alternative to paying by card. You can bank with paysafecard at many of the biggest names in the world of betting and casinos, such as bet365, Ladbrokes, William Hill, Mr Green, Betsson and PokerStars to name just a few.
How Does paysafecard Work?
As previously mentioned, the concept of paysafecard is similar to that of a top-up voucher you would buy to add credit to your mobile phone. First, you purchase a card at one of the 500,000 sales outlets worldwide. You can find your nearest outlet on the company’s website by entering your postcode – with that many out there there’s bound to be one near you.
You then choose how much money you want to load onto the card. paysafecard vouchers are available in denominations of 10, 25, 50, 75 or 100 in the local currency of the country where you’re purchasing it. At PayPoint outlets, you can also get larger vouchers of 125, 150 and 175 if you’re thinking of hitting the high-stakes games.
Each card comes with a 16-digit PIN number which you use to pay online using your paysafecard. In a way it works similarly to a store gift card. Say you’re making a deposit at an online casino, you can either use the full amount on your card or just some of it. However paysafecard can only be used for deposits, as funds cannot be withdrawn to the card.
Any balance left over remains available to use in the future but be aware that after 12 months, a fee of £3 is deducted each month. Alternatively, you can pay a fee of £6 to redeem any remaining cash on the card (but obviously there must be more than £6 on it).
You can always check the balance of a paysafecard online by entering the PIN, and you can even combine multiple vouchers in one transaction if you don’t have enough funds on a single card. All your cards add up to form a single balance online, keeping things clear and easy to track.
Find Online Casinos That Accept paysafecard
Along with card, bank transfer and e-wallet services like PayPal, NETELLER and Skrill, paysafecard has become one of the staple payment options available across online casinos. UK online casinos that accept paysafecard include Coral Casino, Gala Casino, RoxyPalace, BetVictor Casino and LeoVegas. All of these sites offer great welcome bonuses for new customers when you deposit using paysafecard.
However, not all online casinos offer paysafecard and the service itself is not available in all countries. So if you’re not in a country where paysafecard is sold, you can’t use it to make casino deposits even if the casino offers it as one of its payment options. An important point to remember.
To find out if an online casino accepts paysafecard, you normally go to the Help or FAQs section of the website where all the different payment options will be listed. Some sites also display the logos of their payment partners at the bottom of the screen, so you can immediately see what the possibilities are.
Choosing a paysafecard Casino
There are several different factors to weigh up when deciding whether to open an account with an online casino, and that’s no different for paysafecard users:
- Processing time | paysafecard can only be used for deposits, so the processing time shouldn’t be an issue as most casinos now process deposits instantly unless you’re using bank transfer or cheque. It’s always sensible to check, though.
- Limits | Different casinos have different minimum and maximum limits for deposits using paysafecard, and of course paysafecard can only be purchased in certain denominations. Choose a casino where the limits fit in with how much you’ll be depositing.
- Other payment methods | Since paysafecard is only available for deposits, you’ll need to consider which payment method you want to use for withdrawals.
Advantages of Gambling with paysafecard
paysafecard is a unique casino payment method that offers players several advantages:
- Anonymity | Many casino players like to keep their activity secret and protect their identity when gambling online, and paysafecard allows you to do exactly that because no personal information, login details or banking details are involved. You just use the one-off PIN number and that’s it, so there’s no trail.
- Control | You choose the amount you want to deposit when you purchase your paysafecard, and after that you can’t spend anymore without buying a new card. Using paysafecard is therefore a good way of managing your spending.
- Security | Because paysafecard is not linked to your bank account, credit card or any other type of payment service, it’s completely secure. Purchases of vouchers are encrypted to give you added security.
- Speed | paysafecard is quick and easy to use with no login details or card numbers involved. You just enter the PIN number and you’ll be able to start playing in no time.