Common Questions About Online Jackpot Slots
For most slots fans, spinning the reels is a hobby, and while the potential for cash prizes is very much kept in mind, in truth it's that wonderful sensation of a winning spin that keeps them coming back for more. Of course, if those gamers can satisfy the urge to set the reels a-spinning, and yet have a chance to win genuinely life-changing sums of money, then most would jump at the opportunity. And so progressive jackpot slots were born.
These titles are some of the most cherished in the business, thanks to their propensity for paying out seven-figure sums to those lucky guys and gals who trigger the winning combination. Yet, in the most part, they function as standard slot games, so players can still get their kicks in the normal fashion! It’s perhaps little wonder that jackpot slot games are widely considered the most popular category of casino games online.
What are Progressive Jackpots?
So, what are these progressive jackpot slots exactly? Think of a rollover draw in a lottery; when nobody guesses the numbers correctly, all the money wagered is rolled over to the next one. The jackpot prize gets bigger and bigger until somebody wins. It's the same with progressive jackpot action. Every penny and cent wagered on a progressive jackpot game is added to the running total, which is usually displayed in some kind of on-screen counter.
There's no quick fix for taking a slot machine jackpot, otherwise everybody would be doing it! Remember that each progressive jackpot game has its own specific winning combination – it could be matching five of a certain symbol on your reels, or in some cases it can be triggered in a completely random fashion.
The amount you win is based upon all of the coins that have been fed into the virtual jackpot machine all over the globe. In some instances where games are linked, such as the Marvel Mystery Jackpot series, this top prize can become eye-wateringly steep. One lucky fellow walked away from The Dark Knight Rises with £6 million!
Discover Your Next Jackpot Casino
The vast majority of traditional slots sites and online casinos have a category dedicated to progressive jackpot titles, and some specialise in offering jackpot machines. When searching for your next favourite jackpot casino there are some basic principles worth following:
- What Bonuses are Available? | We’re only human, and so it's natural for us to seek out something for nothing. The vast majority of progressive jackpot casinos offer a welcome bonus of bet funds, free spins or a combination of the two, while others offer other promotions throughout the week and the chance to earn loyalty points to redeem at a later date.
- What Games are Available? | It goes without saying, but a healthy dose of jackpot slots will ensure you return to the casino time after time.
- What Limits are Available? | This is important, as some online casinos will limit how much you can withdraw in any given day/week/month. Bear this in mind in case you land a slot machine jackpot.
- Is My Preferred Payment Method Available? | It might not sound that important right now, but if your preferred payment method – whether that’s a specific brand of credit/debit card or an e-wallet – isn’t accepted, you'll have to access a different payment platform.
Choosing the Best Jackpot Slots Sites
Armed with all of these checkpoints you need to separate a great progressive jackpot casino from the ordinary, but how do you go about building a shortlist of options? That’s where we come in. We’ve compiled a list of jackpot casinos that we recommend, based on the attributes outlined above, so all you need to do is pick your favourites from our ratings.
Whether you’re looking for a big welcome bonus, a huge stack of progressive jackpot games, or casinos with high limits, you’ll find all of the information you need – and much more – right here. To make life even easier, you can sign up for a new player account simply by clicking our links, so whether you're seeking a traditional online gaming site or a jackpot mobile casino, sit back and relax: we’ve done the leg work for you!
How to Claim Your Winnings
If you’ve taken down a progressive jackpot or have enjoyed some sustained winnings from your gaming, the next step is to get your hands on the bounty. But how? Most jackpot slot casinos make the process of withdrawing winnings as simple as possible. As long as you have satisfied the wagering requirements on any deposit bonuses (you can check this in your account details), you can withdraw your loot using the payment methods outlined on the site.
Top 5 Biggest and Best Jackpot Slots
Progressive jackpot slots promise big business for games-makers, and so the battle to deliver the very best gaming experience wages on. Responsible for some of the best jackpot machines is Playtech, who owned exclusive rights to the Marvel brand of comic books (and movies) until March 2017.
It has signed a new contract with Warner Bros, who own DC Entertainment, so expect plenty of new jackpot slots based on comic books and movies that these brands have become synonymous for. In the meantime, there's a whole bunch of progressive jackpot slots for you to explore. Here's a quick overview of the top five:
- Mega Moolah – This generous jackpot machine once paid out £5.88 million to one lucky winner – could you be next?
- Mega Fortune – This NetEnt title creates millionaires consistently.
- Gladiator – Channel your inner Russell Crowe and battle your way to the jackpot prize in the Coliseum.
- The Winnings of Oz – Follow Dorothy and co down the Yellow Brick Road towards a huge jackpot pay-out.
- Millionaire Genie – Rub this genie’s lamp and you may be granted three wishes: cash, cash and more cash!