Common Questions About Casinos That Accept Credit & Debit Card
When you ante-up online, there are few key points you need to keep in mind. The first and most obvious is security. If you don't feel that the deposit method you're using is safe, it's not a deposit method you should be using. Beyond the protection of your funds, a casino payment option should also be cheap and efficient. If you can't get your funds online without additional costs and within a few seconds, it can delay your betting experience and, in theory, cost you money.
Essentially, when you ante-up, you need a payment method that's secure, cheap and efficient and the one option that satisfies all of these conditions is a credit card. From Visa and MasterCard to the Maestro credit card, credit cards are one the best ways to add some funds to your online casino account.
Now, we know that making your first casino payment with a credit card can be a slightly daunting experience. So, to help ease your concerns and show you the best ways to pay, we've put together a quick overview of casino credit card payments and where you should be playing.
Best Credit Cards to Gamble Online
In general, there are three main players when it comes to casino credit and debit card payment options: Visa, MasterCard and Maestro. Most consumers and, therefore, casino players will be familiar with Visa and MasterCard as they are the payment processors used by the majority of national banks.
However, once you move beyond these two options, you might be asking: what is a Maestro card? Well, technically, this payment method is known as Maestro MasterCard. The reason it's known as Maestro MasterCard is because it's is owned by MasterCard. What's also worth noting here is that Maestro is a debit card rather than a credit card. Put simply, this means it's linked to your current account so you can't spend more than you have. In contrast, a credit card gives you a set credit limit which isn't 'real' money.
Now, aside from being accepted in 13 million shops and outlets (including online casinos), Maestro debit cards are a great way to pay because they have an in-built safety mechanism: you can't spend more than you own. Although Visa cards and MasterCard are great when it comes to security (namely because you're "insured" in the event of a crime), Maestro cards are perfect if you want control over your finances.
Discover the Best VISA and MasterCard Casinos
Because credit cards are deemed to be one of the safest casino payment methods, all of the top operators will have Visa, MasterCard and Maestro listed on their deposit pages. As a general rule, if an online casino doesn't offer credit card deposit options, you should probably look elsewhere.
Why? Well, credit cards are listed by the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) as well as other regulatory bodies as a recognised banking method. Based on this, you can assume that an online casino that doesn't offer credit card payments isn't a licensed platform. Of course, there are some exceptions to this rule and you shouldn't automatically assume that a site without credit card deposits isn't legit.
However, given that it's a payment method recommended by all the leading licensing agencies, it's fair to say that any casino without this option is lacking. Therefore, if you're looking for the best online casino to join, we'd suggest finding one that has credit cards as a listed on the cashier page.
How to Choose a Credit Card Casino
How do you find the right place to play? Well, aside from looking at whether or not you can use a credit card to make a payment, you should keep these three things in mind:
- What are the deposit limits? | Just because you can use Visa cards or MasterCard, it doesn't mean it's the right casino for you. Before you sign-up, make sure you know what the minimum and maximum deposit limits are. If you're a small stakes player, the former will be the most important. In general, the minimum deposit at the top casino when you use Visa card, MasterCard or the Maestro debit card is £10. At the top end, you should be able to deposit upwards of £5,000 with a single move when you use a credit card.
- Can you claim a deposit bonus? | Some online casinos will penalise you for making a credit card deposit by revoking a welcome bonus. Although this is rare, it can happen. So, before you pick your perfect platforms, make sure that credit card deposits don't exclude you from a bonus.
- How long does it take to process your deposit? | As a general rule, casino credit card deposits should be instant. If you notice that a site takes more than an hour to process a credit card transaction, you should be concerned that it's not a top operator. You should never have to wait.
To help you find the best credit card casino, we've put together a list of recommended platforms. Using our team of experts and industry insights, we've partnered with the leading sites so that you can get the full benefits of credit card deposits in the best surroundings possible. Sure, you'll have to choose the best option from our list of partners, but you can rest assured that every site we link you to will be the best of the best!
Advantages to Gambling with Credit and Debit Cards
In comparison to other casino payment methods such as prepaid cards and eWallets like PayPal, credit cards and debit cards have a number of advantages. Regardless of whether you're using Visa debit cards, a Maestro debit card or MasterCard, you'll get the following benefits:
- Instant processing | Deposits will typically be credited to your account in under a minute.
- High Security | Credit card payments are insured against fraud which means you'll get your money back if someone steals your card and makes an illegal payment. Additionally, credit and debit cards have anti-theft fraud protection.
- Multiple Casino Choices | Credit and debit cards are accepted worldwide, which means you'll be able to make deposits at the best online casinos in a variety of territories.
Overall, if you're looking for a better way to pay and play, credit cards are fantastic. Offering the perfect combination of speed, security and variety, credit cards should be one of your first choices when it comes to casino deposits!