Common Questions About Casino Bonuses
In the online casino world, you can't always rely on timing and skill to guarantee the right result. Thanks to something known as variance (i.e. swings of good and bad luck), your results can fluctuate. Fortunately, not everything is out of your control when you ante-up. Because of online casino bonuses, you can earn money regardless of how your luck is flowing.
In fact, when you look through our list of leading betting sites, you'll see that online casino offers are hugely popular for this reason. However, before you can start looking for the best online casino bonuses, you need to know a few basics. In simple terms, best online casinos will give you Y when you do X. This is the fundamental nature of a casino bonus and, as long as you fulfil the necessary bonus conditions, our partners will give you something in return. Got it? OK, then let's proceed...
Find the Best Casino Bonuses
How do you find the latest and greatest casino bonuses gaming sites have to offer? Well, if you're a casino fan, the simple way is to go directly to the source (i.e. the casinos themselves). However, this isn't always the best way. Sure, you'll get a clear overview of each casino bonus online, but you won't get anything more than the basic facts.
A better way to find the best casino offers is to use a news, review and data hub like Gambling.com. As well as keeping you abreast of the latest promotions, our expert team breaks down the nuances of each casino bonus and outlines the things that make them tick. From the minimum wagering requirements to the overall value of the deal, our platform gives you a complete perspective on all the top promotions.
Choosing a Casino Bonus
When you're sizing up an online casino bonus, we'd suggest you ask yourself the following questions:
- How much is on offer? | Any online casino promotion always starts with a headline offer, but bigger isn't always better. As we'll discuss in the next section, wagering conditions can turn a potentially lucrative deal into one that's beyond your means. For example, if you're a low stakes player and there's £1,000 in bonus cash up for grabs, the chances are you won't be able to stake enough in the required timeframe to get the most out of the deal. So, while it's important to look at how much you can bank, it's equally necessary to note that it's not always the most important factor.
- How is the bonus offered? | Some bonuses are given to you in a single payment, while others are spread across multiple deposits and some don't require a payment at all. Depending on how frequently you like to make deposits, the best online casino bonus for you could change.
- What are the Terms and Conditions? | All online and mobile casino bonuses will have some conditions attached to them. Because sites can't just give away money, they have to keep you active by imposing some form of wagering requirement. When you're looking for the best casino bonuses, you should also make a note of the wagering conditions.
Read the Fine Print: Terms and Conditions
As we've said, the top casino bonuses all have terms and conditions attached to them. As a canny punter, you need to be aware of what they are and what you need to do in order to fulfil them. Put simply, casinos will give you something extra, but only once you've completed certain moves. Failure to meet the terms and conditions will lead to your bonuses being revoked.
Understanding Wagering Requirements and Minimum Deposits
The two important conditions you need to be aware of when you ante-up online are:
- Minimum Deposits | Although it will vary from casino to casino, there will often be a minimum deposit of £10 required for casino bonuses. Although big casino bonuses might require slightly more, it's generally the case that £10 or more is necessary to activate a deal.
- Wagering Requirements | Before you can withdraw an online casino bonus, you'll need to place some bets with your own money. Each casino's requirements will be different, but it's common to see a multiple of your deposit amount as the set limit. For example, if you receive a £10 online casino sign-up bonus, the site might ask you to wager 30X that amount (i.e. £300) before you can make a withdrawal. Failure to meet the wagering requirements before requesting a withdrawal will see you lose the bonus funds.
Mobile Casinos Bonuses vs. Online Casino Promotions
Thanks to omni-channel technology, you can now access the same casino services via your mobile as your desktop. So, if you can pick up a reload reward via your desktop account, you'll also be able to get it via your mobile. Now, there are some instances where the top sites will offer specific mobile casino bonuses. Often linked to your first deposit or bet via a mobile device, these deals will be slightly smaller than their desktop counterparts. However, even if you've already claimed a first deposit bonus via your desktop, you'll still be able to claim a first deposit mobile bonus.
Most Popular Types of Online Casino Offers
By now you should know what an online casino promotion is and how to find the best bonus casino deals out there. However, before we let you go off and explore, we want to leave you with a quick overview of the types of deals you'll typically find online:
- Welcome/Sign-Up Bonus | This can be a deposit or non-deposit deal. In the case of the former, you'll receive a certain amount of money as a golden hello when you make your first deposit. In the case of the latter, you'll be welcomed with a small sum of money just for creating an account.
- Free Spins Bonus | Instead of bonus cash, some online casinos will give you a set number of free spins when you make your first deposit, reload your account or place a certain amount of bets.
- Reload Bonus | Once you've exhausted any welcome rewards, you can continue to receive something extra when you make a deposit via reload bonuses.
- Loyalty Rewards | The final prizes you can claim when you play online are VIP/loyalty rewards. Based on a bets-for-points system, these deals will give you an ever-increasing amount of added value as you stake more money.
As you can see, online casino bonuses are a great way to boost your bankroll when you're down on your luck. As varied as they are lucrative, the best deals are ones that give you as much flexibility as possible. Hopefully this guide has given you a better insight into the market and, more importantly, how you can find the promos that are best for you!