Common Questions About Top Betting Apps
In 2018, there are now millions of mobile apps on the market. In line with our insatiable appetite for native mobile content, betting apps have become big business in recent years. Let’s quickly define what we mean by a betting app. Online betting apps can be anything from a platform where you can ante up to a supplementary tool such as a bet calculator app. Basically, if a piece of software gives you access to the betting world in some way, then it can be called a betting app.
Naturally, to find the best betting apps, you need to know what you’re looking for in terms of spec and style. Are you an iOS or Android user? Another thing to consider is your intent. Do you want to bet on a certain sport? Do you want to bet on all sports? Do you want easy access to information, live streaming or statistics? Once you know the answer to these questions, you can find the best betting app in the store for you!
Android Betting Apps
Android mobile apps, like Android casino sites, aren’t as tightly controlled as those offered in the Apple Store. In the past, this has meant that Android betting apps have been a little unreliable. However, since the Android store relaxed its rules, betting apps on Google Play have boomed. Indeed, one of the main benefits of Android betting products is that the market is filled with options. This means there’s a lot of competition, which, in turn, means more quality to choose from. Additionally, because Android is a cross-mobile operating system, you’re likely to find a lot more variation among the apps.
iPhone Betting Apps
When it comes to apps in general, iOS has always been seen as the gold standard because of Apple’s strict controls. Although Google has started to tighten up in recent years, the Apple Store is still better regulated. This means that iOS betting apps tend to be slightly slicker and more reliable. On top of this, betting apps in the Apple Store, like the casinos found there, now contain TouchID and FaceID technology, which means users login with their fingerprints or face instead of using a username/password. If there’s one slight knock on iPhone and iPad betting products, it’s that their quality means that apps can be resource heavy in terms of memory and updates.
Choosing Mobile Betting Apps
As we’ve said, everyone will have their own desires and preferences when it comes to the bet apps they want and need. However, if we were compiling a list of top ten betting apps, we’d use the following criteria:
- Security | Is the app secure? SSL encryption, login protection, auto timeouts (that log you off after a certain amount of inactivity) and recognised banking methods all need to be in place.
- Betting Access | As well as giving you thousands of weekly wagers, the best online sports betting apps should also make it easy for you to find said wagers. The top football and horse racing betting apps have a few easy-to-read tabs, swipe controls, one-touch betting and, in some instances, the ability to shake your device and undo an action.
- Notifications | One of the major advantages sports betting mobile apps have over optimised sites is that they can give you more information when you need it. Push notifications allow the operator to send messages direct to your phone each time a new product, bet, result or news story breaks.
- Added Extras | Having access to plenty of bets is great, but the sports, horse racing and football betting apps all strive to give you something extra. To be well ranked, an operator must offer live stats, news/tipping services, virtual sports betting, radio commentary and, most importantly, live streaming.
Football and Horse Racing Apps Betting Apps
Although the leading operators such as Betway, William Hill and Ladbrokes all offer general sports betting apps, horse racing and soccer often have their own facilities.
- Football Betting Apps | Otherwise known as soccer betting apps, these products cover world football. For example, the Betway Sports Football app regularly gives you access to more than 15,000 odds from leagues and cup competitions around the world. Additionally, you’ll be able to bet from as little as £0.01 on everything from singles, accumulators, outrights, over/under bets, scorecasts and more.
- Horse Racing Betting Apps | Stats matter in horse racing, which is why the top betting apps give you access to a wealth of data. For example, Ladbrokes Sports has a deal with the Racing Post, which means you can get the best information without leaving the app. Additionally, you’ll be able to login using FaceID if you have an iPhone X, watch live racing streams, request your own odds and even place in-play bets on races that have just started with a single touch.
Bet Calculator Apps, Live Streaming Apps and More
Beyond the world of real betting apps, the two major stores are crammed with auxiliary options for those that want more from the game. On the most basic level, mobile betting calculators were popular at the start of the decade as they offered a way for novice punters to tot up the cost of their wagers and see what their returns could be. However, with operators now hosting this feature, simple calculators have been forced to evolve.
Today, you’ll typically find that accumulator trackers have become the default “calculator”. Although these are applicable to any sport where you make multiple bets, they’re mostly linked to football. These products allow you to calculate the cost of an accumulator, find out your potential returns, identify the best combinations and track the progress in real time. Beyond tracking applications, you’ll find a ton of live streaming betting apps for Android and iOS devices.
In addition to streams of the latest sporting events, you can access broadcasts from pundits and experts as well as live TV shows such as Sky Sports’ Soccer Saturday. Finally, you can access statistical data via native apps. While betting sites will give you a ton of data, apps give you context. For example, horse racing apps can pick out trends for a certain runner and collate the top ten finishing times for a particular race.
Whether you do everything through a single application or you like to take little pieces from a range of providers, you can now get access to more mobile betting options than ever before. Indeed, and if you interested in some casino gaming via mobile app to go along with your sports betting on the go, check out our our top-rated casino apps. Most of the top gambling brands offer casino and betting so some apps might do both.